Before I told him President Buhari was unaware of the threat to kidnap him. El-Rufi Suggests
Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the governor of Kaduna State, asserted that President Muhammad Buhari was ignorant of the kidnapping threat against him.
The terrorists made the vow to capture Buhari and El-rufai on Sunday, July 24, 2022, after they had publicly beheaded the final 43 occupants of the Abuja-Kaduna train in the forest in a viral video.
However, Governor El-rufai stated he had been cautioned to be careful while speaking on a radio program on Wednesday night.
“I also learned about a film in which they made an abduction threat on Buhari and I. My family have also been cautioned to use caution, he said.
He claimed that over the previous five years, he had argued in favor of bombing terrorists’ camps wherever they may be, adding that this was the only way to resolve the issue.
This is why I met with the president on Sunday and informed him of these issues, El-rufai added. Additionally, I informed him of the video since, up until that point, he was completely unaware. I informed him, and the governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, later confirmed to him that he had also seen the video in order for him to take appropriate action.
He claims that the President reassured him that he had a meeting with the service chiefs three to four days prior to the meeting and had given them a clear order to conduct a thorough military operation to deal with those individuals.
“We hope, God willing, the military and police who were given the orders will move quickly to accomplish the job,” he continued. We don’t need to wait for them (terrorists) to attack before we act.
“Wherever they are, they (the army) must pursue them and deal with them. To be honest, we are concerned about the security situation, but we have faith that the federal government will act responsibly.